From the creators of South Park, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, comes South Park: The Stick of Truth. You’ll be thrown into the treacherous battlefields of the fourth-grade schoolyard where a young hero will rise, destined to be South Park’s savior and become, wait for it…cool.
The battle has waged on for thousands of years and must come to an end. The sole reason humans and elves are in a never-ending war is because of The Stick of Truth. This is soon to change though as the word of a new kid spreads throughout the land, his presence foretold by the stars. As the moving vans of prophecy drive away, your adventure begins.
You’ll battle against all sorts of evil, including crabpeople, underpants gnomes, hippies and much more. Your only chance to defeat these creatures of evil, is to arm yourself with legendary weapons. Discover the lost Stick of Truth and earn your righteous place alongside Stan, Kyle, Cartman and Kenny as their new friend. Do this successfully and you’ll become South Park’s savior, cementing your social status in South Park Elementary as a cool kid. Fail and you’ll be forever known as a…loser.
The key features that you’ll want to check out:
- The Definitive South Park Feel – If you like the South Park series then you’ll be happy to know that The Stick of Truth is written and voiced by Trey Parker and Matt Stone.
- The Quest To Become Cool – Earn your place alongside the cast of South Park and join them in the hysterical adventures to try and save the town.
- Re-unite With Old Friends – Recruit classic South Park characters so that they can join you on your epic quest.
- Intense Combat – Arm yourself with an arsenal of magical weapons and mystical armour.
- Customisation – You’ll be able to totally customise your in-game character. Choose from billions of character, clothing and weapon combinations.
South Park: The Stick of Truth was originally going to be published by THQ. When THQ went bust, Ubisoft acquired the rights. Obsidian Entertainment, the studio behind such games as Fallout: New Vegas and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords is now behind South Park’s development.
It’s been announced at Ubisoft’s E3 press conference that South Park: The Stick of Truth will be coming out in this year’s holiday season. However, there was no specific date for when it will be released. The game will launch on the current-gen gaming platforms, meaning you’ll be able to play South Park: The Stick of Truth on the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.