Rockstar have released detailed information on what customers will receive when purchasing the Special Edition and Collector’s Edition of Grand Theft Auto V. Both of these versions are available for pre-order but are they really worth the money?
Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition
For the Special Edition you’ll receive a full copy of the game plus:
- Collectible SteelBook with Exclusive Artwork – This special steelbook features brand new, never-before-seen artwork of the three main characters, Michael, Trevor and Franklin.
- Blueprint Map – This exclusive 21.5” x 26.75” map displays a blueprint of Los Santos and Blaine County. Secret markings on the map indicate locations for fast cash and other points of interest so be sure to check them out.
- Special Ability Boost – Michael, Trevor and Franklin all have a unique special ability in-game. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster.
- Stunt Plane Trials – The stunt plane trials give you additional aerial challenges which are spreadout across Los Santos and Blaine County in single player mode.
- Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More – Michael, Trevor and Franklin all get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos and special deals from shopkeepers across the city.
- Additional Weapons – When you visit an ammunition store in single player, the merchant will have special weapons in their inventory that you can gain access to, including a; Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and a melee Hammer.
Grand Theft Auto V Collector’s Edition
For the Collector’s Edition you’ll receive all of the items that are included in the Special Edition plus:
- Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key – Inspired by the heists in Grand Theft Auto V, this custom 10.75” x 8.5” money bag features a pop-up style lock and laser cut logo key so that you can store important items and lock them away. The reverse side of the bag features a pressed Rockstar logo with a framed ID window.
- New Era 9FIFTY™ Snapback Cap – This exclusive hat features an embroidered Los Santos logo on the front, a black Rockstar Games logo stitched on the left side, a Grand Theft Auto ‘V’ logo on the opposite side, and a snapback closure for an adjustable fit.
- Custom Characters – You’ll be able to choose from many classic Grand Theft Auto characters which you’ll be able to use online when accessed via the character creation system.
- Unique Vehicles and Garage Property – Players will gain access to a garage to store custom vehicles. Within single player, your garage will be stocked with the 1930’s style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. When playing online, you’ll also be able to use the high-end Khamelion electric car.
The Special Edition will cost you £65 while the Collector’s Edition will set you back £120. The standard version and these two editions are available to pre-order right now. You’ll be able to play the full game when it’s released on September 17th 2013. I forgot to mention, anyone who pre-orders the game will gain access to fly the Atomic Blimp. If that’s not enough to get you to pre-order then I don’t know what will.