Publisher 505 Games and developer Overkill Software tempt all would-be crooks and robbers with a number of criminally insane pre-order incentives for Payday 2; revealed alongside an action packed gameplay trailer that demonstrates how you and your masked crew of psychopaths can work together to orchestrate the perfect bank job.
After choosing from one of four specialist classes: Mastermind, Enforcer, Technician and Ghost; and then arming yourself with a variety of customable weapons that range from assault and sniper rifles to silenced shotguns and submachine guns; Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 pre-orders will gain access to the “Lootbag DLC” containing:
- A military red dot weapon sight available for use on all rifles and shotguns
- Bundle of in-game cash
- Exclusive skull mask
- Black and red mask colour combination
- The exclusive “I Love OVERKILL!” mask pattern
Not to be outdone or left out (can you imagine the temper tantrums?) PC owners who pre-order through Steam will also pick up the “Lootbag DLC” (same contents listed above) or can go that one step further with the “Career Criminal Edition” that features:
- The Lootbag DLC
- Payday 2 original soundtrack
- Two beta keys – one to keep, one to give to a friend
- The Crime.net Deal – receive in-game discounts on all purchases in Payday 2’s Crime.net
- Bain’s Guide To The Criminal Underworld – Payday 2 crime boss Bain’s guide is a digital, must-have guide on heisting
- Blueprints for places to heist
With the original game being a download only title this second one aims to offer more substance with a full retail release. With the tiresome deathmatch and horde formulas run to the ground, a more strategic online experience could well be what the FPS genre has long been looking for.