E3 delivered many surprises but one of the biggest had to be a trailer for a new open world, 3rd person action game, based on a cult film franchise. That game was Mad Max and this incredible looking title will come to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC.
Set in a post-apocalyptic world where cars are the key to survival, gamers become the legendary road warrior that is Mad Max. Utilising vicious on-ground and vehicular combat made famous in the films, players must fight off savage gangs of bandits in a desperate bid to survive a world fallen apart. After the theft of his iconic V8 Interceptor, Max joins forces with a talented mechanic named Chumbucket and along the way others will join to help his cause in brining order to the chaos of the wastelands. Samantha Ryan, Senior Vice President of Production & Development at Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment comments:
Mad Max looks to put it’s own feel to a increasingly popular game genre and these are some of the feature we should expect:
- Become Mad Max – Play as the iconic post-apocalyptic warrior, crafting and upgrading Max’s equipment and weapons to survive. Engage in fights with combining melee combat, gunplay and tactical techniques. Also gamers must make difficult decisions as they work towards the goal of escaping The Wasteland.
- Immersive Primal Wasteland – Explore the dynamic and gritty world while surviving the treacherous landscapes, hostile weather patterns and deadly gangs of marauders.
- Trash is Treasure – Every piece of scrap that’s scavenged is important and can be utilized to upgrade and enhance equipment, weapons and vehicles. Gamers can raid enemy encampments to gain access to valuable resources.
- Survive the Open-World Landscape – Staying alive isn’t easy. Players clash with deadly factions and gangs through scores of dangerous side-missions and quests in the dynamic open-world full of exploration.
- Intense Vehicular Combat – Engage in dynamic inter-vehicular combat, taking down enemy vehicles with a range of weapons. Car combat is entirely physics-based, so no two battles are ever the same.
- Build the Ultimate War Machine – Players design, customize and upgrade their ultimate combat vehicle-the Magnum Opus-choosing from different car bodies and a slew of upgrades including mounted weapons, armor and engines to survive another day.
Christofer Sundberg, Avalanche Studios Co-founder and Chief Creative Officer also had this to say:
For more information and the latest information about the Mad Max game visit www.madmaxgame.com or head over to their Face book or Twitter Facebook.com/MadMaxGame and Twitter.com/MadMaxGame. Mad Max is scheduled for release in 2014 so keep your eyes peeled for a date, but in the meantime cheek out the trailer shown at E3 and let us know what you think of Mad Max.