Microsoft have announced a series of limited offers for people wishing to pick up an Xbox One on release. A commemorative bundle is available to be reserved which will come with a limited edition controller and a unique ‘Day One’ achievement, tying into the Xbox One’s new achievement system.
Following Microsoft’s E3 press conference, four titles have also been tied into ‘Day One’ bonus content, only available in limited numbers. These titles are:
- Ryse: Son of Rome – Exclusive multiplayer map and sword with bonus attributes
- Forza Motorsport 5 – Access to four cars tuned to the top of their class.
- Kinect Sports Rivals – Exclusive sporting equipment that separates your Champion from the rest of the world.
- Dead Rising 3 – Exclusive Frank West and Chuck Greene Tribute Packs with bonus attributes.
Xbox Live Gold gamers have also been rewarded for their “passion and loyalty” with two free game downloads a month until the end of the year. The first two games to be released through this system will be Assassin’s Creed 2 and Halo 3. Fable 3 is also free to download for the month of June. Signing up to a ‘Day One’ Xbox Live 12-Month subscription will also come with rewards, like access to Killer Instinct: Round One as well as an Xbox One ‘Day One’ membership card.
Three accessories have been announced to accompany the Xbox One at launch. These are:
- Xbox One Wireless Controller – The Xbox controller is refreshed with more than 40 technical and design innovations. Updated directional pad, thumb sticks and contours deliver greater precision and control, while new vibrating impulse triggers offer precise fingertip feedback, bringing an unprecedented level of gameplay immersion. The Xbox One Wireless Controller is designed to work in concert with the new Kinect, allowing the two to be paired automatically to create seamless player syncing.
- Xbox One Play & Charge Kit – This kit includes a lithium ion rechargeable battery pack that fits inside the Wireless Controller as well as a charging cable that connects from the controller to the console. Gamers can play on and on without having to buy a single disposable battery. The new Play & Charge Kit charges twice as fast as its Xbox 360 counterpart and charges during gameplay or when the console is in standby mode. The Kit is available for standalone purchase or as part of the Wireless Controller with Play & Charge Kit bundle.
- Xbox One Chat Headset – A must-have for fans of online gaming, the new Xbox One Chat Headset, wired to the controller, is designed for long game sessions and clear voice chat. With a lightweight and comfortable new design, the mono chat headset features wideband digital audio and a unidirectional microphone. Gamers will love not having to take their hands off the controller to access the microphone mute and volume controls.
The Xbox One will be launching this November for £429/$499/€499. The console will come with a 500GB hard drive, blu-ray and wi-fi functionality, one Wireless Controller, the new Kinect and a 14-day trial for Xbox Live Gold. No specific release date has been announced nor has a specific line-up of games for launch but expect these details to come shortly.